Case Study Help
Case studies are inherently different in comparison to normal essays and hence it is important to create a distinction between both. The first thing one must remember when attempting a case study is to interpret what the nature of the case study is; is it a business study, a political study, an economic analysis or a social study? What understanding the nature of the study does is that it provides us the lens with which to analyze a study. If it is a political topic, then the study will be conducted differently when compared to a business topic.
What is done through this lens is that the problems and solutions are identified in this complex situation. Whichever the nature and whichever the topic is, there are some pertinent things that need to be done in every case study:
- Identify the problem in the scenario presented
- The key issues in the issue presented
- What are the alternative solutions that could be adopted
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of each
- What is the best solution
- Write a case analysis in a report format, with specific headings each
The attached figure will elaborate further on what needs to be done in each of these sections to add weight and depth to the study.