Assignment on Music Dance Drama
The Arts is one of the learning areas in the Australian Curriculum and within this unit we are addressing three of the Arts subjects, which are the Music, Dance and Drama. As such it is deemed to be an important area and teachers have responsibility for addressing it in their teaching and learning programme.
- List the three Arts subjects (Music, Dance and Drama) that we are exploring within this unit and discuss why they are vital in Early Childhood Education. Include in your discussion what you believe to be your role in delivering Arts education.
Demonstrates an understanding of the three focus Arts subjects (Music, Dance and Drama) and the impact on pedagogy in Early Childhood Education.
Explains the importance the Arts has within in early childhood educator’s teaching practice and philosophy. (1050 words)
Assessment in the Arts is an important and necessary part of teaching and learning. It is an ongoing process of gathering and using evidence of student achievement and understanding. According to your text; Roy, D., Baker, W., & Hamilton, A. (2012). Teaching the Arts early childhood and primary education. (p196) there are three areas that are assessable in the Arts.
- Identify these three areas and describe the features of each. Include a brief outline of how assessment in these areas are valid, transparent, consistent and non discriminative. Identifies the three areas assessable in the arts and elaborates further with sufficient detail. (600 words)
I will attach the text book readings for this part.
For part 1 and 2 I need five references.
In order for children to improve their Arts learning, their progress in the Arts must be planned, monitored and assessed. The final section of this assignment is designed to enable pre-service teachers to examine appropriate methods of arts planning, to identify what aspects of children’s arts work may be assessed and how this informs future planning and teaching.
- Students are required to choose two Arts subjects – MUSIC, DANCE or DRAMA – to integrate and produce a highly detailed lesson plan for a creative learning experience. This lesson plan will include the following details:
* The intentional learning outcomes relating to the knowledge, skills and elements of Music, Dance or Drama
* The applicable Australian National Curriculum content descriptors for Foundation to Year 2. Below is the link.
* The applicable links to General Capabilities, Cross-curriculum Priorities and other Learning Areas
* Introduction, Lesson Body, Conclusion and completed Lesson Plan structure
You will design your own lesson activity, aimed for students in Grade 1 (5 and 6 year olds) – this lesson will be based on a “rich concept” that you will choose from the following list. This rich concept symbolizes what the students in your class would be interested in, hypothetically, and would be a catalyst for questions, explorations and inquiry based learning……
Rich Concepts: Who am I, Around the World, Water, In the Garden, Seasons, In my Imagination