Assignment Help on The Retail Manager
Ms. Kim Jones is owner and director of Triangle Tribes and has been successfully running the business of funky and stylish fashion house under the parent of The Triangle Group. The business is targeting the audience with high disposable income and who want to purchase the latest fashion. The store is located in Chapel Street, Prahran, Melbourne and sells both male and female clothing line. The business is flourishing and now Ms. Jones is more concerned about the business and is more focused on the designing side hence a Store manager is required to help Ms. Jones with the Store Activities including all the elements of sales and store.
Price (2013, pp. 1-4) in his guide explains that how non verbal and verbal communication can lead to good selection of the prospect. According to the guide, job analysis is the one map which helps the HR manager to better understand the candidate and hence a good description including the priority wise responsibilities of the required candidate as well as the requirement should be clear. For this retail venture, Doyle (2013) has listed many questions which help to short list the job analysis related to retail store manager and list down the responsibilities and requirement.
- A person who completes store requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and completing the task by following up.
- Maintaining store staff by selecting and training the permanent and contractual employees.
- Result Orientation by counseling and disciplining the employees while monitoring, planning and doing the job appraisal.
- Setting and achieving financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, controlling and scheduling expenditure, finding out problems and resolving them.
- Identifying the market trends and requirement by interacting with current and potential customers and reviewing the market.
- Ensuring availability goods and maintaining inventory under control.
- Preparing pricing policies as per the market analysis, determining sales promotion and clearance sales.
- Taking proper measuring for the security system.
- Keeping safe and clean store environment.
- Taking care of stability and reputation of the store.
- Monitoring legal requirements.
- Establish changes in the marketing strategy if required to improve profitability and departmental sales records.
- Updated technical and professional knowledge by attending workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Maintaining strict and enforcing programs to follow policies and procedures of the company.
- Result oriented personality and prompt the same in the team working under the Store manager.
Customer focus, tracking the budget expenses, Pricing control, Result Driven, Market Knowledge, Good Verbal communication Relationship with the Merchandize Manager and Vendors, Knowledge of Staffing, Strategic Planning, People Management, Client Management,
Minimum experience required of 3 years with experience in retail management. Candidates with professional qualifications in retail management will be preferred. Personal computer retail courses are preferred but are not mandatory.